On October 2, 2017, a community meeting was hosted at the Lake Worth Towers. About 35 individual residents and providers attended. We discussed the history of Healthier Lake Worth, how the funds from the mini-grant were utilized, current activities of the Project Director, and listened to the concerns of the residents.
This meeting marked the end of the mini-grant funding that supported…
1. Pop-up educational events called ‘Party in the Park’,
2. Improved safety by financing the installation of stop signs,
3. Promotion of bi-lingual/tri-lingual city notices and clarification of landlord/tenant policies,
4. Collection of data via survey,
5. And, an awareness campaign.